10 Ways To Use Nature's Purest Soap, the Soapberries
10 Ways To Use Soapberries:
On the tree, the soapberries begin as a green color then ripen yellow. Picked or fallen off the tree, the fruit will turn a dark purple-brown and wrinkle. We want to use the berries when they are at this last stage.
Soapberry Liquid: Add a cup of water for every 2 soapberries in a pot over the stove. Boil for 30 minutes on medium heat and strain for the liquid. To store, refrigerate the liquid and it should keep for a month.
Soapberry Powder: Grind up as many soapberries as needed to create a powder. (This will store longer)
1. Face Wash: Use the soapberry liquid extract. Or rub a boiled soapberry in your hand to lather and smooth over face.
2. Shampoo: Use the soapberry liquid extract.
3. Body & Hand Wash: Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the soapberry extract. Soapberry is naturally antibacterial.
4. Dish Washing: Combine the extract with some white vinegar. Or use the powder and combine with water to create a lather.
5. Dandruff Treatment: Mix in 1 part soapberry extract with 3 parts coconut oil. Rub into scalp, and let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse off with your homemade soapberry shampoo.
6. All Purpose House Cleaner: Use the soapberry liquid extract. Or combine a cup of the extract with 2-4 Tbsp of white vinegar and 4 Tbsp of water. This can be used on the floor, over countertops, and wiping windows or glass.
7. Laundry Detergent: Add a few berries to a muslin bag and throw it into your washer with your clothes.
8. Shaving Cream: Take about 10-15 of the soapberries left over after boil and remove the harder part of the shell, then pulse in a food processor. When it becomes a paste, add in few drops of olive oil and soapberry extract. Watch it foam.
9. Jewelry Cleaner: Simply soak your jewelry in the liquid for a few minutes, scrub clean, then wipe it down to reveal the sparkle.
10. Insect Repellant: Pour the liquid into a spray bottle and spray on any exposed skin Great for camping.
Ultra Gentle Shampoo for Very Sensitive Skin - Unscented
Deep Hydrating Shampoo for Dry Hair & Thirsty Scalp - Lavender
Ultra Gentle Body Wash for Very Sensitive Skin - Unscented
Deep Hydrating Body Wash for Dry, Sensitive Skin - Lavender